Posts for tag: Neuter
According to the Humane Society of the United States, World Spay Day is an annual campaign dedicated to putting the "spotlight on spay/neuter as a proven means of saving the lives of companion animals, feral and stray cat colonies, and street dogs who may otherwise be euthanized in a shelter or killed on the street.'
We here at Morena Pet Hospital fully support this day and its mission & encourage all pet lovers out there to join us in being part of the solution. Spay and neuter is one of the primary solutions to avoid the pet overpopulation epidemic and one way we help to give back to our community is by being a part of the County of San Diego’s Reduced Spay/Neuter Referral program, offering low cost spays/neuters and also low cost vaccinations:http://sddac.com/docs/vetinfo.pdf
We regularly work with local animal shelters, rescues, and pet organizations throughout San Diego community in order to ensure the proper health of our local community pets and to promote responsible adoptions! Some of the events you may have seen us at in the past include: The San Diego Humane Society’s Walk For Animals, Doggie Street Festival Adoption Event, Petco 5k9 Del Mar Walk/Run, Petco Sports Arena Adoption Fair, Humane Society’s Winter Wonderland Adoption Event, the Gaslamp Holiday Pet Parade, and Balboa Barks.
How can you help?
- Spay and neuter your pets.
- Sponsor a spay/neuter pet through your local animal shelter
- Volunteer your time or donate food, items, and/or money to local animal shelters or rescue group. Even the smallest items or funds can help, especially given the number of homeless pets (E.g. Some pet rescue groups lines their cages with newspapers or towels and ask individuals/businesses to donate any unwanted newspaper clippings or pet items).
- Consider adopting or fostering a pet from your shelter or rescue group.
- If you find a lost pet or see an injured animal on the street, contact your local animal shelter or animal control.
- If you are active on social media sites (E.g. Facebook, Twitter) share posts about pet adoption events & those pets looking for their forever homes.
Together we can help make a difference!
Welcome to World Spay Day, The Humane Society of the United States, 2014, https://worldspayday.org/